As corporate investigators working primarily in Orange County and the greater Los Angeles area, we are familiar with all manner of internal crimes, from employee theft to workers’ compensation fraud to embezzlement. There are many reasons we are called in to conduct surveillance for clients in a wide range of industries, but some of the most common reasons we conduct surveillance include:
- Gathering evidence for the prosecution of a crime
- Gathering evidence for a civil lawsuit
- Fact-finding as preparation for an interrogation
- Documenting operations and procedures
- Verifying a suspect’s location
- Investigating claims of harassment or abuse
When the suspicion of wrongdoing arises, many people’s first instinct is to investigate themselves. It’s understandable to want to get to the bottom of a security breach or other situation, but take it from a private investigator who has seen it all- surveillance is best left to the professionals.
Reasons to hire a licensed private investigator
Despite what your favorite police procedural TV show would have you believe, surveillance is more than just hanging out in your car with binoculars and a cup of coffee. There are many reasons you should hire a professional corporate investigator to conduct surveillance for you, for instance:
- We are licensed and insured. (License # PI 16156)
- We know the law. With over 25 years of experience and a Juris Doctor degree, our lead investigator Michael Wojtanowicz knows how to uncover relevant information while staying on the right side of the law, something amateur investigators often violate unintentionally. Evidence gathered by the pros is generally going to hold up better in court, while a amateurs often make mistakes that can result in the culprit getting away on a technicality.
- We are highly skilled in surveillance. In order for surveillance to be effective, it must go unnoticed by the party being surveilled. If you blow your cover, your case could be blown as well. We are trained to gather information without drawing attention, and furthermore, we are unknown faces unlikely to be recognized by the perpetrator, while conducting your own surveillance is just asking for a “What are you doing here?” moment.
- We possess specialized technical knowledge and tools. We have an array of surveillance tools and technology at our disposal and we know how to use them (and the legal intricacies of doing so).
Rather than investing your time into learning the basics of surveillance and the laws here in California, why not leave it to the pros so you can focus on running your business? We can help you get to the bottom of your case and even act as a liaison with law enforcement should you choose to press charges.
To get started with your corporate surveillance investigation, please call us at 714-406-4618.